Residency Program at the Studio for Electroacoustic Music at the Akademie der Künste, Berlin
In 2015 the Studio for Electroacoustic Music of the Akademie der Künste launched a new artist residency program in the city of Berlin. The aim of this program is to encourage the development of inspiring ideas, new initiatives and emerging talent in the fields of time-based / performing / digital arts dealing with sound, music and technology.
We invite the application of individual and collective projects in any of the following categories:
- Original proposals from composers and performing artists leading to the creation of new works for instruments and live-electronics
- Acousmatic music, computer music and radioart as well as proposals in any other electroacoustic music and sound art pathways
- Original proposals from artists of all disciplines that embrace sound as key element of their artistic practice
- Curatorial, editorial and pedagogical projects concerned with the mediation of sound-based art practice, particularly those involving the assets of the Academy of the Arts
- Self-directed research projects in the fields of acoustics, engineering and musicology including but not restricted to software development, spatial audio, and network technologies
Candidates should have a record of original thinking and impact in their respective fields. Residencies of two to four weeks are offered on a competitive basis to applicants of all ages and nationalities. The residency does not include accommodation (in particular cases, upon request, a bursary may be provided to cover travel ex- penses and accommodation). Collaboration with existing programs and organizations is encouraged. Submission of proposals implies the acceptance of the terms and conditions of this call.
To apply please submit the following:
- Bio, portfolio of existing work
- Title and project abstract (300 words)
- Detailed proposal outlining project plans and goals
- Links to supporting audio-visual materials
- Statement indicating why support is required
- Intended presentation upon completion
All documentation should be in English or German.
- Candidates are invited to submit proposals to:
Akademie der Künste
Studio für Elektroakustische Musik
- Electronic applications must be sent in a single email, with one PDF file attached not to exceed 2.5 MB to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications
Applications may be submitted at any time and will be considered twice a year with some flexibility on start/ end dates. Successful applicants will be contacted via e-mail in December.
The closing date for next submission is 31 December 2020.